VMware Communities
livespiritster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to Create Domain...Please Help

I have a Win 8.1 Machine. I installed vmware workstation 10 on it and then installed win server 2012 and win 7 ultimate on the vmware as guest OS. I configured the AD DS on Win server and promoted as a domain controller. Now I am trying to add the win 7 virtual os to the newly created domain but its not getting connected. I am sure it is something with the Network Adapters but I am unable to figure it out. Please Help.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Since you give no details, it is just about impossible to assist. Smiley Happy

Trouble shoot exactly the same as if it was hardware. Have you configured hardware systems before:

Some typical errors:

Server and client on different subnets? (use ipconfig to test). Use static IP addresses to eliminate DHCP server conflicts.

DNS server role not installed or not configured properly on the Server?

Server's IP address not configured as primary DNS server on the client? Tried putting the server's name and IP in the clients hosts file?

trying to join the domain with incomplete domain server's FQDN?

Perhaps you have some reading to do in the VMWare network documentation or the MS Server documentation?

Lou

View solution in original post

4 Replies
louyo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Since you give no details, it is just about impossible to assist. Smiley Happy

Trouble shoot exactly the same as if it was hardware. Have you configured hardware systems before:

Some typical errors:

Server and client on different subnets? (use ipconfig to test). Use static IP addresses to eliminate DHCP server conflicts.

DNS server role not installed or not configured properly on the Server?

Server's IP address not configured as primary DNS server on the client? Tried putting the server's name and IP in the clients hosts file?

trying to join the domain with incomplete domain server's FQDN?

Perhaps you have some reading to do in the VMWare network documentation or the MS Server documentation?

Lou

GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

Are you able to ping your DC?

Make sure that DC and Win 7 are in same network (vmnet2 or vmnet3 or so).

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
livespiritster
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thats exactly what I am looking for...I knw where things are and I will let you know everything as far as the configuration is concerned..Can you help me on this by providing me any chat client ID through which we can communicate in real time ? By this I will be able to clear the air more easily. Please it would be grateful.

0 Kudos