VMware Communities
ImranDev
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to Boot after Upgrading from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. . . .

I am having VMWare workstation 10.0.2. I was using OSX Mountain Lion VM. I download Mavericks from App store and upgraded my Mountain Lion VM to Mavericks. After intial run of mavericks setup, it was saying that it will restart automatically. And it did so, it restarted VM after doing initial file extraction or whatever process of installation it was doing. As soon as it restarted, after restarted, my VM stucks at apple grey bootscreen and does nothing, it does not proceeed further. I am having windows 8.1 as host, so i checked the task manager, the vmware was showing no activity in windows task manager, it was showing as idle and was not taking any memory or disk processing.  I have searched so much on google and blogs for the solution but no luck.

I am having very much important data in that Virtual Machine. Please any expert help me. Please. I ll be grateful.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware does not support the running of OS X under VMware Player/Workstation!  Also, running legally virtualizable versions of OS X in a Virtual Machine may only be done when done on Apple-branded hardware and when done while running under OS X and for that you need VMware Fusion not VMware Player/Workstation otherwise you're violating the Apple SLA for that product.  Therefore no help can be provided to you for OS X in this use case scenario as it would violate VMware Community Terms of Use to do so as asking for help with illicit activities or providing help with illicit activities is prohibited!

0 Kudos
ImranDev
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. No Issue. But to the luck, problem is solved. Hurrrrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.....

0 Kudos
lakshya32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

Good to know problem has been resolved .

I will recommend to rollback the latest hotfix .

to avoid unwanted problem.

0 Kudos