VMware Communities
rajtpp
Contributor
Contributor

Ubuntu screen problem

Guys

I've installed ubuntu 32-bit in workstation 7. For some reason, often I cannot click on the bottom part of the screen. Then I have to move a window inside ubuntu higher so that I can click on the options that appeared at the bottom of the screen. Is there a vmware tools I need to install (doing from the menu doesn't do anything)

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Refer to the User Manual or the Guest OS Installation Guide...  All the Workstation menu "Install VMware Tools" does is mount the appropriate ISO image for the Tools installation package to the guest's CD-ROM drive.  Inside the guest, you need to actually RUN the installation package.

0 Kudos
rajtpp
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason, this mount operation isn't happening - a regular CD drive gets mounted by ubuntu and works well but when i click on install vmware tools, nothing changes inside the VM

any way i can download the tools and install it?

0 Kudos
rajtpp
Contributor
Contributor

Ok the mount worked this time but when I double click on vmware-install.pl, I get a prompt:

Do you want to run vmware-install.pl and I select the 'run option' - other options are run in terminal and display

However, I don't see any new window opening or any background processing. How do I check if vmware tools has installed successfully?

Thanks

0 Kudos