VMware Communities
comand100vip
Contributor
Contributor

Ubuntu 20.04.1 black screen

I were instaling Ubuntu 20.04.1 nad it was taking very long time to install and it seems to get stuck, completly zore use of CPU and a lot of data sitting in RAM and doing nothing. I shutdown it, then boot into it and I was greeded with black screen. But it seems to be some sort of grafical error because then I turned it off I could see login screen on that preview of virtual machine next to the "Devices" tab.
I am using Workstation 16 Pro.
File name is ubuntu.png

EDIT: I menaged to login in blindfully but it still doesn't display anything 😕 After login screen is on ubuntu2.png.
And there is that notyfication that there is no 3D support from the host. Look at ubuntu3.png
I want note that I don't have issues like that on Virtual Box.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMTN has an area for Workstation, a moderator will be along to move your thread seeing as this has nothing at all to do with a vSphere security advisory…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
comand100vip
Contributor
Contributor

I don't quite understand, so where can I get help?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You posted this thread in an area about a vSphere security advisory, even though you’re using Workstation.

If you look just above your initial post you’ll see that a moderator has now moved the thread to the correct area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos