VMware Communities
EVakili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

USB device problem in 15.5.6

Last week I updated my Workstation to 15.5.6. After that connecting all USB devices to the guests will be failed.

In the workstation itself it tries to connect the USB device and failed without any notifications. Trying again will show a message says the device is connected to another vm! (The light on the device icon will change to green but the menu shows connect instead of disconnect.)

1.png

In the device manager on host there is an alert icon (⚠) beside "VMWare USB Device" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". The driver properties are shown below:

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Maybe the cause of the problem is here: the driver details shows an entry for ftusb2.sys that is not digitally signed. There is no such an entry in 15.5.1.

Host Info:

Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (Version 2004 Build 19041.330)

VMWare Workstation Pro 15.5.6

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EVakili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Uninstalling "FabulaTech USB over Network Server" that owns "ftusb2.sys" fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EVakili
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Uninstalling "FabulaTech USB over Network Server" that owns "ftusb2.sys" fixed the issue.

Mits2020
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This "FabulaTech USB over Network Server" does not appear in your screenshots. I searched the net and saw that it's a commercial product, probably not related to VMware. Did you install this on your host?

0 Kudos