VMware Communities
Dingbat001
Contributor
Contributor

UE - Unable to get Snapshot Manager to do what I want it to do...

Hi Guys,

sorry for the user error...but I've been wasting a lot of time on this and read all the documentation I can...but still can't get it to work.

Getting Snapshot Manager to work the way I want it to work...and looks in the manual...

I'm using VMware 10.0.1 and referencing the Using VMWare Workstation pages 78-8x

I want to build a tree as shown, where SP1 is "parallel" to IE Base and FireFox base etc. but all I can get is sequential...

I have turned my VM off in this instance...

So I have Base Snapshot and a Linked Snapshot, and a You are here (figure 1)

When I click the Linked Clone and take a snapshot it creates it in sequence inserting it between it and You are here (figure 2).

Staying on the linked Clone, I take another snapshot and it then inserts it after the previous insertion (figure 3) and NOT where I expected it (manipulated Figure 4).

How do I get this damned thing to work properly, and why do Linked Clones not show up in the Snapshot manager? They are still part of the tree.

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards

Seán

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hi
if you want a tree with branches - use the GO TO button to select the snapshot that will serve as the root of the new branch

0 Kudos
ruby12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

Hope you are looking for this.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200363...

There is no limit to courage.
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Hi ruby12

I see you are a new visitor here - welcome.
Please note that you do not help if you provide random links. This will only confuse the users.

We value one good post that really helps way more than 100 short answers that are not related to the original question.

We also prefer that users try their answers themselves before posting.

I hope you get the message

Ulli

0 Kudos