VMware Communities
djockheck
Contributor
Contributor

Two machines on one hardware

Hi!

I would like to set up an environment of two identical Windows-Maschines running on the same hardware. Performance is "nice to have". If a user connects to this pool of machines he should be forwarded to the next free session (if available). The users will run a Visual Studio to compile there software in a "standard" environment.

Is this possible with vmware? What Do I need to do this?

regards

Detlef

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

I would like to set up an environment of two identical Windows-Maschines running on the same hardware. Performance is "nice to have". If a user connects to this pool of machines he should be

>forwarded to the next free session (if available). The users will run a Visual Studio to compile there software in a "standard" environment.

Is this possible with vmware? What Do I need to do this?

Of course you can run more than one guest in VMware Workstation, but automated session distribution is not possible with VMWare Workstation as this has no load balancer or session distribution. You may have a look at the VMware View (former VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure).

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" replies. Thanks!!

AWo

VCP / vEXPERT 2009

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =