VMware Communities
shijukumar
Contributor
Contributor

-Tripple Fault - VMWare workstation 9 is giving error in solaris 10

Hi All,

I am unable to install solaris 10 on  my VMWare Workstation 9. My solaris VM is getting restated after installing the Operating System.Is there any specific configurartion is required for installing solaris 10 on VMware workstation 9.

Thanks in advance

Shiju

0 Kudos
6 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

"unable to uninstall" is not a helpful problem description

How did you install it ? - easyinstall or regular install ?
What goes wrong ? - a screenshot would help
Do you get any error messages ?

the vmware.log would be useful - please attach it when you answer the other questions

0 Kudos
shijukumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I am tried to install Solaris 10 through regular installation

It was not poping up any error, but it just restarting within 2 to 3 second after the GRUB boot loader. Please find the attached error log.

Shiju

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

it crashs directly after SVGA entries in the log - try with
mks.enable3d = "false"

Tip: edit your first post so that you have Tripple Fault in the title - that will hopefully get noticed by jamttson - the man for this type of problems

0 Kudos
shijukumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sir,

I tried the same (editted the .vmx file and made mks.enable3d = "false"), but still i am facing the same issue, means solaris VM is rebooting again and again.

Thanks & Regards

Shiju

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Shiju,

Which update release of Solaris are you attempting to install?

You have a reasonably recent CPU, and old versions of Solaris often don't gracefully handle being installed on CPUs that are much newer than the OS release.  To the best of my recollection, anything older than Solaris 10 Update 6 (or 7 or thereabouts) is very unlikely to run correctly on any modern CPU.

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
shijukumar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Darius,

Thanks for your help, Now i installed with Solaris 10 update 9 and is working fine. previousely i was triying with update 3.

Thanks and regards

Shiju

0 Kudos