VMware Communities
brogan12
Contributor
Contributor

Trick external media player to work with media manager on xp vm on vista host???

I have a Prismiq player set top box that I can hook up to my network card on my physical vista computer.  the media manager software isn't compatible with vista so I have to run on XP.  I set up XP on a vmware workstation.  How do I configure it to go thru the physical net card and communicate to the  media manager on the virtual machine.   the set top media player has a option for "obtain IP auto"  or manual.  I assume I have to use NAT in the Virtual network editor.  Do I have to mess with DNS settings?  I crudley numberd the IP areas if someone could tell me what goes where.  I uploaded pics of the screen shots of the media player hooked to my old tv.  pics of network settings for host, vm, and network editor.     help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
brogan12
Contributor
Contributor

the pic of the media manager on my pc.  the media manager is supposed to act like a server.  It does work on my vista machine, but it won't scan for video files.  Only jpeg.  I installed on XP virtual machine and it does work for video.media manager for external prismiq player on vm.jpg20789612-2-440-overview-1.gif

0 Kudos