VMware Communities
sukh5395
Contributor
Contributor

There Was A Problem Installing "Mac OS X" Try Reinstalling.

I Have installed vmware workstation 10 on windows7 pc. i just downloaded VMware virtual disk file of os x lion.. and mac os x was working fine but when i have reinstalled windows and reinstalled vmware workstation 10 ... it shows error Smiley Sad Please Help I am xcode addictedCapture.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

By installing MAC OS on Windows host will break the Apple EULA and is also not supported by VMware.

You should run MAC only on a MAC OS host using a product like VMware Fusion.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware does not support the running of OS X under VMware Player/Workstation!  Also, running legally virtualizable versions of OS X in a Virtual Machine may only be done when done on Apple-branded hardware and when done while running under OS X and for that you need VMware Fusion not VMware Player/Workstation otherwise you're violating the Apple SLA for that product.  Therefore no help can be provided to you for OS X in this use case scenario as it would violate VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.

0 Kudos
calvin86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sukh5395, Were you able to fix this issue? I have the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

calvin86 I suggest you reread my first reply in this thread.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

As per item 4 of Community Terms of Use | United States to which everybody here on the forum has agreed, I think the question has been answered and no good can come from any other answers.

Locking the thread.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos