VMware Communities
sripati
Contributor
Contributor

The network bridge on device VMnet0 is not running

Hi team,

I have created two virtual Machine. Assigned two set of Internal Ip,Gateway, proper DNS. I have selected Bridged: directly connected to physicaI network. I wish to communicate to these Virtual machines from the Physically installed OS or from a remote end. However after starting the machine I see the network cable unplugged message at the the Virtual Network connection. And also I get to see the below error message

"The network bridge on device VMnet0 is not running. The virtual machine will not be able to communicate with the host or with other machines on your network.Failed to connect virtual device Ethernet0."

How to rectify this error. Please help.

Thank you

Regards

Sripati

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Which host OS? If it is Windows, have you checked that the VMWare bridge protocol is enabled in the physical network setup of the host?

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" answers/replies. Thanks!!

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
sripati
Contributor
Contributor

Sir,

The VM bridge protocol is enabled. I have also enabled the same in the Virtual Machines also.

I get the same error message ,the moment I start the Virtual machines. Please Guide.

Thank u.

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Is the VMWare agent service running and set to start automatically? Even this is not the case with my installation it was the solution here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/141057

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" answers/replies. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
sripati
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sir,

I have checked all the possible loop holes. still I cannot connect with the Virtual machines. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

We can try...

Post the log file of the guest while starting it. Delete the old one so it is not too full. The name of the log file is: vmware.log and it is located in the directory where the guest resides.

0 Kudos