VMware Communities
JohnDoe69420
Contributor
Contributor

The bios and any dos things very slow on vmware workstation 17.

When i boot up an os like windows 7 on vmware 17, its fine, but when i boot up an bios or any dos things on vmware 17, is very slow and laggy for some reason. I deleted hyper-v component on my host pc, didn't fix it. Can someone find me a fix?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnDoe69420
Contributor
Contributor

it dosen't even show post screen

and i can't even access bios on f2 or "choose boot device" on esc.

0 Kudos
JohnDoe69420
Contributor
Contributor

god damit

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@JohnDoe69420 wrote:

god damit

I understand the frustration, but could you please keep the language civil. This is a user-to-user forum, not any kind of official VMware support vehicle. We're all like you - users of the product - and there are no guarantees on when anyone will respond or that they know an answer for your question. 

Could you give us an indication on the host operating system you're running Workstation on? Also what is the CPU in hardware that you're running?

And, could you check the vmware.log file (it's found in the folder that contains the components of your virtual machines such as the virtual disk files (.vmdk) and configuration file (.vmx)). Look for a line starting with "Monitor Mode".

If it says "ULM", you haven't completely disabled Hyper-V. Not only do you need to delete the components from Windows, but you also need to

• Disable Memory Integrity/VBS settings if they are enabled in Settings:

Windows Security -> Device Security -> Core Isolation

and turn off the "Memory Integrity" slider

• Disable any Hyper-V activity by running the following in an command line session (running as Administrator):

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Then reboot the system

Now start the VM and see if symptoms change. And then check the vmware.log file. The monitor mode should say "CPL0", which is the VMware hypervisor.

If you're running Windows 11 and a 12th gen "Alder Lake" intel CPU, you may also wish to try changing the power throttling for the Vmware-vmx process by running the following in an elevated command prompt window:

powercfg /powerthrottling disable /path "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\x64\vmware-vmx.exe"

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos