System crashes when boot vm from generic scsi device with VMware 12.5.x but VMware 11.x does not.
My system specification is below.
CPU : Core i7-4930K
Memory : 48GB
O/S : CentOS 6.7(CentOS 6.8 also has same problem)
A few details are missing:
1. What is your host OS and what is your guest OS? (You mention CentOS 6.7/6.8, but you haven't said which is guest and which is host.)
2. What is the generic SCSI device you're trying to boot from? (Vendor and model number?)
3. What exactly are you seeing when it crashes? Does the virtual machine display a panic or crash message or reboot, or does the host system display a panic or crash message or reboot? Provide as much detail as you can, including any error messages you see.
1. Host OS is CentOS 6.7(Same as 6.8) and All guest OSes I've tried(Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2,Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, CentOS 6.x, CentOS 7.x, BackTrack 5 R3, Solaris 11, FreeBSD 10) have same problem(32bit and 64bit are not matter).
2. I've tried to boot from hard disk and SSD's(Vendors and models are no matter - All disk devices have same problem).
3. The host machine crashes immediately when trying to boot from generic scsi devices(Host machine is no responds. The only way mathod to recover is COLD BOOT - Power Off / On.). It seems no log generate.