VMware Communities
varnk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Strange USB connection behavior

I am using VMWare Workstation 16.1.2.  The handling of USB devices from a standpoint of remembering which USB devices are connected to the VM seems to have some issues.  If I try to tell VMWare to remember that a devices is connected to the VM, I don't see an option to un-remember the connection rule in case I change my mind or need it to appear on the host OS.  Some USB devices have an option to "forget" the remembered setting, but some do not, even though I have assigned a "remember" setting to them.  

Also, if I had a USB device assigned to my VM but didn't tell it to "remember" the setting, sometimes VMWare will automatically connect to a USB device if it is reset and sometimes it will not.  Seems to be very inconsistent compared to earlier versions of Workstation.  Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
varnk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update to this issue.

It appears as though VMWare Workstation Pro is getting confused as to which USB device's connection state is remembered.  When I tell it to remember the connection state for a particular USB device, the "Forget Connection Rule" option will appear on a different device, which is not the same as the one I just told it to remember. 

This definitely seems to look like a bug.  

0 Kudos