VMware Communities
sagartathe
Contributor
Contributor

Specific Vmware is not starting

Hi I am using using vmware workstation 10 and suddenly one of my virtual machine is not starting up. I am getting error as (The parent virtual disk has been modified since the child was created. The content ID of the parent virtual disk does not match the corresponding parent content ID in the child). Is there any way to solve this and recover data. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please start threads in the area for the product you are using - thread moved to the Workstation Pro area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

depending on what happened it may be possible to fix the issue without major data loss, or corruption.

As a first step, consider to backup the VM, i.e. create a backup copy of the VM's folder.

The run dir *.* > filelist.txt (or ls -lisa > filelist.txt in case of a Linux host system), and attach the filelist.txt as wellas the VM's latest vmware.log to your next reply post.

André

0 Kudos