VMware Communities
HiiItsMeee
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

Hello,

iam having a problem with a game. I want to run it in a virtual machine but it refuses to work. And it writes error: "Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine" . The game is running only in windows 10 and the only way i will touch windows 10 is safely with a stick and as a virtual machine. So i cant install it to my machine.

I have tried a few tutorials how to fix it but non of them seems to work for me.

I Tried:

How To Fix Sorry, This Application Cannot Be Run Under A Virtual Machine Error - YouTube

How to fix error "Sorry, this application cannot be run under a Virtual Machine" Crossfire - YouTube

I Tried setting this to the .vmx file and uninstaling VmWare tools.

isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = “TRUE”

isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = “TRUE”

isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = “TRUE”

isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_directexec = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_chksimd = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_ntreloc = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_selfmod = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_reloc = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_btinout = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_btmemspace = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_btpriv = “TRUE”

monitor_control.disable_btseg = “TRUE”

tools.upgrade.policy = “manual”

monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = “TRUE”

Could someone help me? Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

In the past VMs have often been used to run many copies of a game on a single host.
Some vendors of games regard this as abuse - so they program their games not to work inside VMs.

For a good programmer it is possible to detect execution inside a VM - no matter which vmx-parameters are used to prevent detection.
We have to assume that the game developers also monitor this forum as well as the game specific forums for new hacks and they will take care that those hacks will no longer work in their next release.
That being said you can assume that it is contra-productiv to discuss this question here.
I would suggest that you scan this forum for similar questions - this comes up every few weeks.
You can also experiment with the isolation-tools parameters I have listed here: sanbarrow.com

Anyway - in case you find a solution and want  it to work for longer than just  the current release - better do not post it here.
Ulli

zookato
Contributor
Contributor

i did only the below and it worked with me

#in VM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000
DriverDesc = GTX 950
##########
#VM location on file .vmx

monitor_control.virtual_rdtsc = "false"
monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "true"
monitor_control.disable_directexec = "true"
SMBIOS.reflectHost = "true"

0 Kudos