VMware Communities
paulzikopoulos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Snapshot option missing in workstation pro 15

This option has seemed to have gone missing. Today after months of no problems I could not start my VMWare because of some 'Guard' option on Windows. I guess a Windows update turned on HyperV. So after turning that off everything boots fine but it dawns on my I can't seem to find how or where to take a snapshot. Does something have to be enabled? But it was.

For some reason as well it says non commercial use -- anyone know if that could be it, I HAVE a license not sure why it's not seeing it

Snag_24d840.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The screenshot shows Workstation Player, not Workstation Pro!?

Workstation Player has indeed no snapshot option.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The screenshot shows Workstation Player, not Workstation Pro!?

Workstation Player has indeed no snapshot option.

André

0 Kudos
paulzikopoulos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After 25 minutes with the VMWare support folks they could not answer what you answered above ... unreal. Thanks. One thing, I bought a Pro license. I downloaded it. The other question they did not seem to understand perhaps you could tell me. Since I had this feature before and it went away, could it be that I had Pro downloaded and forgot to add the license key and the trial expires into player (though odd it didn't tell me nor do I see a way to put the license in). Like I have snapshots on my disk, I did it many times before. Thoughtd?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I don't use version 15 myself yet. However in prior versions the Workstation Pro installation also installed the Player part. Please check whether Workstation Pro is installed, and you only accidentally started Player instead of Pro. If it is installed, launch it and enter your license key.

André

Parveen1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And in case you have not downloaded WS Pro, here is the link.

Download VMware Workstation Pro

paulzikopoulos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos
paulzikopoulos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ya ... I'm sure that's it. The thing is that my icons for Workstation Pro went missing ... and then it all went downhill. Then I couldn't start the VMWare sessions in Player because of this change to Windows (I guess an updated turned on HyperV). Makes me wonder only being able to have a single hypervisor removed the icon ... that sounds odd -- but all I can tell you is that after months of no problems ... boom thing change. Thanks for your help thread we are all good at this point.