VMware Communities
sudhirsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Single snapshots works for all network VM Machines

hello,

Thanks in advance to help me out to solve my problem.

I want to use Vmware Workstation to create clones of various software. I deployed 10 users with a single image of xpsp2. They all are creating a separate clone of each and every software I need. I have provided them all a single VMImage of xpsp2.

Then all 10 users have to copy that image on their individual PC and then they are creating the clone from that VMImage.

My problem is that, in this process, I am not able to start clone of user1 from user2 vmware (unless I copy the vmimage of user1).

Can anyone suggest me, how to use a single vmware image to run for all users, and the clone will not update it drivers and configuration file accordingly the individual computer?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alelievre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you must create a single clone with the 10 users declared on it. then distrubute this clone to the users. thez will need VMware workstation or VMware Player on their individual computer. the drivers will not have to be updtated because VMs use virtual drivers. Maybe if the architecture of the processor is not the same they will have a warning on the first boot but nothing to be afraid of. Most importantn thing is to create a new single identifier on the first boot in order to avoid network conflicts (don't click on Keep when VMware ask you what to do for single ID)

0 Kudos