VMware Communities
hanness_rdu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Since Windows 10 1903 is now officially out, when will Workstation be upgraded to work with it?

Last week the final Windows 10 1903 was released via MSDN for developers. Needless to say, many of us are upgrading to test / develop with that new feature update.

I've had to migrate all my VMs to Hyper-V in order to be productive but I really prefer VMware Workstation.

Any estimated timeframe for getting an update that works with the new feature update?

24 Replies
xishengzhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It looks hyper-v is running on your host. Please try to disable hyper by running below command as Admin:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

by the way, restarting host is required, then you could power on your vm.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
rtaylorCBW
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I can't use the work around "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off" to get it to work breaks the functionality of other software I use.  Hopefully VMware will work with Microsoft or come out with an update to make it compatible with windows without disabling functionality used by other programs.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

NO I do not have any more details, but apparently something exciting was shown in the "What's New for VMware Workstation and Fusion" presentation at VMworld this year.

VMware Workstation and Hyper-V – Working Together - Microsoft Tech Community - 825831

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
YAJ8S
Contributor
Contributor

This is actually a great feature Microsoft introduced. You no longer need any registry or GPO hacks to keep Windows from auto upgrading and rebooting without permission. Now you can just install a piece of unsupported software, and boom!  no more updates!

0 Kudos
waqasalisha
Contributor
Contributor

i find a solution and its solve my issue without uninstall windows update and temporary block windows update.

vmware 15 relase a patch for this issue but the issue is who to get this patch and how to install new patch so you can watch this video and solve you problem.

Youtube Channel: Tek Consultancy

this best technical youtube channel for IT Professionals.

https://youtu.be/PZ47gQj450c

0 Kudos