VMware Communities
adams88
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing VM outside of local network

Hi,

i cannot find any information about the subject. - I found a lot of tutorials how to set up shared VM and its working through local network. Is it possible to share VM to someone outside of local network? Ill be thankful if someone can provide any tutorial. Thanks

Adam

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Can you clarify what you mean by share?

0 Kudos
adams88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i will describe my issue more precisely. Sorry for that.

I want to have acces/control to/on my virtual machines from different places. Im traveling a lot and looking for a way to connect them remotely. I thought it will be possible through "share vm". All of the tutorials videos i found etc. are about how to share on local network. And here everythings working fine im able to connect VM inside of local network.

Now im looking for a guide, guidelines whats should i do to connect with my VM from external IP.

Is it just about port fowarding? Or can i just change to bridged connection? Id like to connect with VM through VMware Workstation not RDP.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

That's really a local feature, there is no authorization setup so anyone with access could access your vm. the best thing to do is use some sort of remote software to connect to the machine running workstation.

0 Kudos