VMware Communities
rainey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Shared folders mapped to drive in guest. VM6.5

Shared folders mapped to drive letter in the guest.

Host is XP SP3 fully patched, and guest is XP SP3 not fully patched.

When i lanch a program from the mapped drive in the guest of the shared folder (.host\downloads)

i get a security warning about the file, i click OK and it runs.

I can save files to the mapped drive without problems, if i try and move the file(s) to a new directory on the same mapped drive i get a warning window.

It says Internet Explorer in the title bar even though i am in file explorer.

This page has an unspecified potential security flaw.

Would you like to continue?

See screenshot below

7313_7313.jpg

Why would this be happening?

Do i need to creat users account on both the host and guest for the shared folder to work better.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rainey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well i have tried a few things, with no luck. I have an administrator account on both machines but the password don't match

I have created a user in the VM that matches the user name and password of the logged in user at the Host. That did not help when logged in to the guest as administrator or as the new user. I had both join the same workgroup.

I logged into the guest as the new user and i still got the error. Mapped the shares to drive letters again as this new user.

I only get the error when i try and move a file created by a program running in the guest where the exe file that was lanuched was on the sharded folder. I also get a warning about the file (exe) when i lanuched about the publisher could not be verified. I only get that warning when it is lanuched from the sharded folder location on the guest not from the host. If i copy the file to the guest and lanuch it it works fine also (no warnings). So the program runs and creates files just fine, but when i try and move the file to any other folder in the sharded folders i get that popup i posted in the avobe post when i do it in the guest. If i go to the host and move the file no problems. If i click on YES when the warning pops up it does move the file i just have to click yes each time.

0 Kudos