VMware Communities
zanzil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shared folders.. Help me :(

Hi. First of all, i should warn you about my poor English...

I try to create a shared folders between my host (Windows 10 x64), and my VM (Windows 7 x86) with VMWare Workstation pro 14.

But the folders was invisible…

I have this fault firstly :

Cannot connect the virtual device sata0:1 because no corresponding device is available on the host.

So i remove the CD in hardware setting. Still not working.

I try this solution found in this forum, but still the same problem :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order

Name: ProviderOrder

Type: REG_SZ

Data: "RDPNP, LanmanWorkstation,webclient"

Modify to:

Data: "vmhgfs,RDPNP, LanmanWorkstation,webclient"

I give you some Screenshot of my setting, i hope i just forgot Something… Thank's you !

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_8.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Shared folders relies on the VMware Tools to be installed and running on the guest VM.

Chances are VMware Tools is either not installed properly or not installed at all; that is why the vmhgfs did not appear in the ProviderOrder. Make sure that VMware Tools is running in the Windows 7 guest VM.

There should be an "white on grey" VM icon at the notification area of the Windows 7 VM and if you double-click on that icon you can see the version number dialog (see screenshots below).

You can install VMware Tools from the "VM" menu, "Install VMware Tools" or "Reinstall VMware Tools" (if it is already installed). You can also manually uninstall from the "Add/Remove Programs" of the Windows 7 VM.

You can try uninstalling and re-installing VMware Tools.

The latest version of VMware Tools is version 10.3.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VMTOOLS1030&productId=491

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Windows firewall or AV enabled.

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
zanzil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Diego, and thank's for your fast answer. I disabled, ,firewall and antivirus on the host and the VM, restard everything, but still the same problem… Nothing appears…

0 Kudos
zanzil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i search everywhere.. But I found nobody with the same problem….

0 Kudos
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Shared folders relies on the VMware Tools to be installed and running on the guest VM.

Chances are VMware Tools is either not installed properly or not installed at all; that is why the vmhgfs did not appear in the ProviderOrder. Make sure that VMware Tools is running in the Windows 7 guest VM.

There should be an "white on grey" VM icon at the notification area of the Windows 7 VM and if you double-click on that icon you can see the version number dialog (see screenshots below).

You can install VMware Tools from the "VM" menu, "Install VMware Tools" or "Reinstall VMware Tools" (if it is already installed). You can also manually uninstall from the "Add/Remove Programs" of the Windows 7 VM.

You can try uninstalling and re-installing VMware Tools.

The latest version of VMware Tools is version 10.3.

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VMTOOLS1030&productId=491

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
zanzil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank's a lot… you save me Smiley Wink.

0 Kudos