VMware Communities
saldon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Setting UP Multiple Bridged Networks in Workstation

I have VMware Workstation 15 Pro installed on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 machine. I have two Shared VMs. I need these to be Shared so multiple users can access them so moving them out of Shared VMs is not an option.

On the RHEL 7 system I have two NIC's connected to two different networks. I want the VM's to see these networks as well.  I went into the Virtual Network Editor and set the vmnet0 interface from automatic to use only the em1 network interface. I then created a new network call vmnet2 which I set as Bridged and bridged it to the em4 network interface.

Since these are Shared VM's, when I add the network adapter I can only choose between Bridged, NAT, or Host-only networks. When I select Bridged it seems happy but I notice that both of the Network adapters on the VM say Bridged (Automatic). I don't think the automatic is working correctly. From within the VM, I can get to the network on vmnet0 but not the network on vmnet2. How can I change this so it is forced to bridge to the correct interface on the host?

I think this may be an artifact of the Shared VMs but I really need a way around this.

- Tom
0 Kudos
0 Replies