VMware Communities
mrodee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Set defaults for new vm's

Hello Everyone,

In vmware workstation is there anyway to set default options for all new vm's? For example, when I create a new VM, I always remove the floppy drive, and go into the BIOS and set numlock to on.

Is there away to do this on a global setting?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No
suggestion: create your own templates and store the nvram file along with it - that stores that setting you mentioned

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No
suggestion: create your own templates and store the nvram file along with it - that stores that setting you mentioned

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if I remember right the nvram depends on the number and size of the vmdks - so I would create the VMs with Workstation GUI including the virtual disks of a specific size. Then start the VM - enter BIOS and safe your settings. Then power off.

Then create lets say one template for VMs with 32Gb vmdk, another for 64Gb vmdk or whatever you need.

Not sure - using a nvram along with different vmdks may reset the nvram settings

0 Kudos