VMware Communities
TKei0218
Contributor
Contributor

Serial Card setting

I use the MS-DOS on the VMware Workstation 16 PRO at desktop PC (Win10). Then, I use the control software on the MS-DOS. This software uses the serial port for external equipment control. 

I set two type serial port to desktop PC. One is serial card, other one is USB serial cable. When use serial card, cannot control the external equipment. When use the USB serial cable, can control the external equipment.

I checked each serial by the RS-232C simulator.
When use the serial card, the RS-232C simulator receives the command from the control software. however, the control software does not send acknowledge signal when send the control signal from the RS-232C simulator. 
When use the USB serial cable, the RS-232C simulator receives the command from the control software. And the control software send acknowledge signal when send the control signal from the RS-232C simulator. 
I checked the serial card moving on the win10. It is moving normally on win10 condition. 
I adjust the Receive buffer and transmitter buffer for the serial card. but, same condition.

Why does not same the serial card and USB serial cable condition?
Does the VMware Workstation 16 PRO has the serial port setting??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies