VMware Communities
clawhead
Contributor
Contributor

Separate Linux WS forum?

Should there be a separate forum subsection for Linux hosts as opposed to Windows hosts? I would find this much easier to follow.

(1) Reboot - McCain (2) Reformat - Clinton (3) Install new OS - Obama
0 Kudos
4 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

The forum admins and moderators are thinking about restructuring the different forums.

0 Kudos
clawhead
Contributor
Contributor

That's good to hear. A VMware discussion is already going to be complicated, since the topic will often include two different operating systems. Many times I've encountered threads where there would be confusion over which OS was the host and which was the guest. Sometimes you have to track back to the beginning of a thread to ascertain this, and some posters just assume that the host OS is Windows. You see why there can be confusion.

It would help us end-users a lot to have a Linux-host section separate from the Windows-host section. Presumably most questions will be host specific and not guest specific, unless I'm mistaken.

(1) Reboot - McCain (2) Reformat - Clinton (3) Install new OS - Obama
0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

That's why there are "Read first before asking questions" documents in the Server, Workstation and Player forum.

If only posters would read them first...

0 Kudos
somian
Contributor
Contributor

My 2 cents ...

That's good to hear. A VMware discussion is already going to be complicated, since the topic will often include two different operating systems. Many times I've encountered threads where there would be confusion over which OS was the host and which was the guest. Sometimes you have to track back to the beginning of a thread to ascertain this, and some posters just assume that the host OS is Windows. You see why there can be confusion.

It would help us end-users a lot to have a Linux-host section separate from the Windows-host section. Presumably most questions will be host specific and not guest specific, unless I'm mistaken.

I find that I agree. Restructuring and separation sound like a good idea.

0 Kudos