VMware Communities
stevenwongck
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 keeps reconnecting back to host on VMWare Workstation 11 Linux

Hi all,

I have VMware Workstation 11 running on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I have a Windows 2012 R2 VM guest running perfectly fine as well.

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (GT-P5110) to my PC, it gets auto-mounted in the host and I can see the internal storage and SD Cards.

I then go to my Win2012 R2 VM and then select to connect the device to the VM. When I do that I get this message on a pop-up dialog.

"The specified device is in use by process:23799 /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-mtp on the host operating system. Continuing will detach the device from the host operating system."

I then click "OK" on the pop-up dialog and I can see the device disconnected from my host, and almost immediately it gets reconnected again.

The device is not connected to the VM at all.

I attach my vmware.log file with this post and would appreciate any help at all from the community.

Thank you.

P/S: I saw another post in the forum about Galaxy S not connecting to fusion and i have tried adding the usb.quirks entries, but the issue still happens.

0 Kudos
0 Replies