VMware Communities
hanibal170
Contributor
Contributor

Safari doesn't show the page content

I use Safari on a macOS virtuale machine (host :windows10 + VMware Workstation pro 17+MacOS13).

Everything worked fine but some days ago Safari began to have a problem: with some web site (built with Java Script I think) Safari doesn't show the page content, but only a white page.

As I click on another application and I Safari is no longer the active window everything appear!

But if I move focus back to safari I obtain a white page again.

This means that Safari loads correctly the web page but for some reason it "hide" contents if I focus on it.

I tried to visit the same website on another VM or on my iMac (both with same OS release) and everything is good.

I can't find a way to solve. I already deleted coockies and history, disabled and re-enabled JavaScript, I have no extensions.... what else?

Thank you

2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

From what you explain, this is likely an issue that's not related to the setup that you have, but rather one with the guest operating system, or the browser.

On what hardware are you running Windwos, and VMware Workstation?
Please note that running MacOS on non Apple branded hardware (even as a virtual machine)  violates Apple's EULA, and therefore cannot be discussed here in VMTN.

André

0 Kudos
hanibal170
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. My machine is equipped with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce MX250.

In our project, we need to test web HTML using Safari. However, our whole team only has one MacBook. If this issue cannot be resolved, we will have to rely on sharing this single machine among the entire team for testing purposes.

0 Kudos