VMware Communities
alex_ffllores
Contributor
Contributor

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION after creating virtual machine

Hello,

I request your help as I have a new Windows 10 computer as my old computer stopped working. The problem is that every time after creating a virtual machine and it tries to start the computer it restarts, a typical Microsoft blue screen, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error.

I have already updated all the drivers and uninstalled the antivirus, I would appreciate your support since I need to work with my virtual teams.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alex_ffllores
Contributor
Contributor

I attach my team data
Windows 10 Pro
Mainboard Gigabye A520DS3H
CPU AMD Ryzen 5700 G
16 Gb ram
Vmware workstation 16

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

What build of Windows 10?

What build of Workstation?

Did you install Workstation as Admin?

0 Kudos
alex_ffllores
Contributor
Contributor

How are you,

The data is:

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1
Compilacion de SO 19043.1202

Vmware workstation 16.0.0

Did you install Workstation as Admin?
Yes,

Greetings

0 Kudos
btmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You mention updating drivers but have you updated Windows 10 itself? If not I'd suggest getting the Latest Cumulative Update and trying it again.

Outside of that and the things you've tried that's a rather vague error in itself. While not very likely to help you could try to look at a minidump of the BSOD to see what it lists as being involved for a next possible clue.

Update: Sorry didn't see the 19043.1202 build in your response before I started my reply but now I see you listed 16.0.0 for Workstation. I'd suggest trying 16.1.2-17966106 instead!

alex_ffllores
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Indeed, using the suggested version of Vmware Workstation solved the problem .. thanks ..

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Lasheen10
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Guys , 

I faced same issue with me , once I powered the virtual machine for windows server 2019 or Kali getting restart for laptop and got same error System Service Exception 

i have Vm ware 15 PRO 15.1.0 build-13591040 ( Licensed )
my Laptop : Windows 10, 64-bit (Build 19043) 10.0.19043
Ram 12 GB 

if could any one suggest  the solution for me please 

Tags (1)