VMware Communities
10mebo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

(SOLVED) VMware Workstation setup "your system has not been modified" error

VMware hatası.PNG

Every time i try to do dowland VMware Workstation i get this error. Everbody gets same error with me too. I am trying  every solution i can do but i get same error and setup is saying "setup is rolling back the action".I looked the log but i can't understand the log .I am sorry if i can't gived  the full information because I couldn't find a tip.I only found this log on the files.Please help me the fix this error

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
10mebo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guys i solved the problem  i have updated to Windows 11 and VMware Workstation works

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm not used to reading VMware's installer logs, but found the following lines from your log to be interesting.

(c) (CC:A8) [13:17:22:300]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding HostedUserExperienceDlg_Back property. Its value is 'HostedCustomSetupDlg'.
DEBUG: Error 2826: Control CEIPCheckBox on dialog HostedUserExperienceDlg extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 20 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: HostedUserExperienceDlg, CEIPCheckBox, to the right
Action 13:17:22: HostedUserExperienceDlg. Dialog created
MSI (c) (CC:A8) [13:17:25:644]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding HostedShortcutsDlg_Back property. Its value is 'HostedUserExperienceDlg'.
Action 13:17:25: HostedShortcutsDlg. Dialog created

IIRC then there is a way to disable the CEIP checkbox / CEIP dialog.

Not that I am able to find that kind of info, only thing I managed to locate now is the way to extract the installer so that you can pass it command line options.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/VMware-Workstation-15-5-6-installer-ever-cl...

A few other ideas.

Another thing to try.. is your screen resolution perhaps non standard, like is your PC using a high DPI setting?

Perhaps you can try a Windows compatibility setting? (right click the installer, properties -> compatibility tab)

Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the installer and/or verified that the download was not corrupt?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
10mebo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i tried all ideas you say but it was not  working  it giving same error to me i think problem is not from VMware workstation 17 maybe problem is can be from my system because  my computer giving error everytime maybe my system isn't good for VMware. Well thats all

bye. 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What version and build of Windows are you using?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
10mebo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows 10 22H2 build

0 Kudos
10mebo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Guys i solved the problem  i have updated to Windows 11 and VMware Workstation works

Tags (1)
0 Kudos