VMware Communities
Sereath
Contributor
Contributor

SOE and VMware

Hello,

I am new to these forums(figure this is a good place to start) and hoping someone can help me out.  I was recently banned by SOE for running VMware, however I do not run Vmware.  I have an MSI GX660 Laptop running windows 7, that I have been using for gaming for a couple years now.

I have had a lengthy discusion with SOE reps and they assure me I am running some sort of Vmware, however I can't find anything.  I have even gone so far as to recover my laptop with the recovery software on (F3) and restored it to factory default, but the SOE rep assures me I have something on my laptop that is using VMware.  An odd deveopment at this time, is if I hit F3 now I see 3 choices, 2 windows 7 and 1 windows 7 recovery.  I know Microsoft may an answer but I cant find it and have tried looking up vmware and figured out what I can all I can find is stuff related to installing and configuring.

I can use a different machine and access SOE games with no problem but as soon as I try from my laptop, insta-ban,  I would post this on the SOE site but I have no working account at this time and they will not give me any information as they say it is a security risk because I am banned.

Any suggestions would be helpful

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Since they're not forthcoming on what to look for, not that I'd even expect them to be, have a look at the "Manually cleaning a Windows system" section in Cleaning up after an incomplete deinstallation on a Windows host and use the information to see if any of it exists on your system.

I have no problem with a product being banned from running in a Virtual Machine, that's a manufactures prerogative, however if someone is being stopped from a native boot and just because a particular software is installed... well... I personally do not use SOE however I hope some lawyer puts together a class action suit against SOE if the ban is other then from within a VM!

0 Kudos