VMware Communities
BobAgi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running two guests at the same time in WS7

I have always only used a single guest running at the same time with VMWaer WS 7. But now I need to have two running at the same time.

It seems like they can do this as witnessed by my ability to start both, but how can I interact with both?

In fact I also want them to be on the same network but not connected to my host network (and the Internet).

The tabbed style of display makes it very difficult, I would much more prefer the VMWare Player style with separate windows.

Is this possible also with Workstation?

BTW, long tiome ago when I used Microsoft VPC this way was the only available, each guest in a separate window and the control part in a smaller window.

Probably there is a simple solution, but how?

Is the network system achievable too? (The two guests talk to each other but nopt to the host)?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
BobAgi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you mean that these commands are to be executed inside the newly created guest to clean up the devices?

If so can a batch file be used (run as admin I assume)?

Like this:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

start devmgmt.msc

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Do you mean that these commands are to be executed inside the newly created guest to clean up the devices?

P2V created Virtual Machines, yes.

If so can a batch file be used (run as admin I assume)?

Like this:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

start devmgmt.msc

Yes.  Also look at the following for additional information. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Note that link is for Windows XP however general information is relevant to Windows 7 too.

0 Kudos