darez81
Contributor
Contributor

Remote access ?

Hello everyone, i have just downloaded the vmWare WorkStation 6 and

i have build my first VM.

NOW i want to access at my virtual PC from other computer in my lan:

1. MY PC = Host

2. FRIEND PC = CLIENT that access at VM on MYPC.

I don't want to use Remote Desktop from Microsoft, because the VIDEO of you tube with remote-desktop isn't fast in RDP mode.

Any help ?

darez;

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rsa911
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

use any tool you think is fast enough to display youtube videos remotely, consider your vm just as any physical computer : how would you remotely access a physical computer ?

0 Kudos
Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal

You can't do that even if you remote to a physical computer (instead of virtual). Remote control is not designed for those applications (requiring fast video updates).

0 Kudos
darez81
Contributor
Contributor

I access at remote computer with my LAN (Gigabit).

darez

0 Kudos
darez81
Contributor
Contributor

i have virtual-server from Microsoft installed.

With virtual server, i have the possibility to create a WebServer on HOST PC.

After that i click in my browser and put "http://127.0.0.1/virtualserve/view=?xxxx", and from REMOTE PC i open an WebPage.

In this WebPage is an Activex and i can see the remote machine from any point of my lan Smiley Happy

It's possibile with vmware ?

I can' use virtual-server for my scenario, because i need AUDIO enabled and virtual server don't do it.

Vmware workstation have audio.

darez

0 Kudos
rsa911
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

have a look at vmware server then, it's the closest match to MS Virtual server web remote control

it has built in sound support and comes with a complete remote console, altough like Peter said, performance is far from stellar for video streaming

is perf ok for streaming video over MS VS web console ?

0 Kudos