VMware Communities
dirtbikedude
Contributor
Contributor

Remote Wake on LAN

So we're using workstation 6 and the host is a windows 2003 server and the guest is windows xp...what I'm we need to do is conserve server resources and instead of users just staying logged in and using resources when the users aren't using their vm's we need to somehow either have their vm's sleep, hibernate, or whatever's needed to conserve as much resources as possible and when the user wants to log back in the vm needs to wake on lan or resume so the user can log in. So take that as you shall, whether you think it should sleep or hibernate, you probably know better what will conserve more resources but we just need the end product to have less stress on our server and still have users to have the ability to login to their vm at any time. I was wondering if there's a way to do this whether it's something I can just enable that I'm not seeing or whether I need to run a certain script. I appreciate any help that you guys might have or if you guys can at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dirtbikedude
Contributor
Contributor

I ended up just using psexec

0 Kudos