VMware Communities
alelievre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Remote Connection VMWare Workstation 6

Hi there,

I'm trying to use remote connection provided bye WS6. But I can't connect any VM. Remote connection is enable on VMs, VNC viewer is configured in Hextile and Full color, ping from client to host is OK. Range of ports is in 5900-5907.

Any ideas?

Best regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Are you sure you are using the host's IP address to connect to?

0 Kudos
alelievre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi all,

I still have this problem. I'm connecting to the host IP with hextile mode and full color. The port is opened on the host but the connection cannot be established (vnc viewer doesn't display anything, not even time out).

thx for help.

0 Kudos
alelievre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, the problem is almost solved, I can connect but not with a paswword!

New problem indead: I cannot control the mouse, when trying to move the cursor it goes on the top right hand corner of the screen.

Any idea on this?

0 Kudos
TCronin
Expert
Expert

Which VNC viewer are you using? I've been able to connect with TightVNC and UltraVNC clients using default settings. What firewall software are you running on the host and client machines? I did have to tell Zonealarms on both that the applications were allowed

Tom Cronin, VCP, VMware vExpert 2009 - 2021, Co-Leader Buffalo, NY VMUG
0 Kudos
alelievre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vnc-4_1_2-x86_win32_viewer.exe without any firewall. Just tried TightVNC and UltraVNC, I have the same problem here.

My host is OpenSuse 10.2, maybe this is the problem?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You need to have VMware Tools (specifically the mouse driver) running inside of the guest.

See this thread:

0 Kudos
alelievre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is not an other solution?

I have a team with 11 VMs that thogether are a representative environment. If I install the VM tools my environment will no more be representative.

thx

0 Kudos