VMware Communities
irzani25
Contributor
Contributor

Recent Windows 10 Update distrupted VMware Workstation 12 Latest Build

Dear Guys,

I've just updated my Windows 10 last night (December Major Update 2015). Unfortunately, I'm strongly believes that the updates have disrupted my VMware Workstation 12 Pro Configuration.

What I found today were:

1) My virtual NIC are not working in all of my VM collection (Windows Server 2008/2012).

2) All of my VM required me to update "The keyboard hook timeout value is not set to the value recommended by VMWare Workstation. This can cause keystrokes  to be lost when the host is under stress. We recommend that you allow this application to update the value. Once this value is updated, you must log out and log in again in order to have the value take effect. Press "OK" to update the value, "Cancel" to leave it unchanged."

And I opt for cancel.

To restore the NIC issues, I've just reinstalled the VMware Workstation. However, I'm still experienced the "The keyboard hook timeout .... " . I'm not sure whether to click ok or not due to the issues happened not because of the VMware Workstation, but the Windows itself.

Anyone experienced the same? Please do advice what should I do to resolve this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Klink1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I'm posted here multiple times regarding the issue.  I've also tried contacting VMware Care through twitter and email.  It's totally fallen on deaf ears.  I'm pretty much done using VMware products for personal and professional use. 

0 Kudos