VMware Communities
MKCS
Contributor
Contributor

RAID

Hi VMware Gurus. I’m new to VMware and need some help. I am running VMware Ent V17 I think. I have a VM image (Windows 11 Pro 22H2 x64) which was built in AHCI mode and is fine. Every machine with AHCI mode works fine with that image. Only when we try to use that image with a RAID based mode system, it gives an inaccessible_boot_device BSOD message. Symantec/Broadcom say once the Intel RST drivers are installed on that VM image (can be installed while running in AHCI mode) the drivers for RAID will automatically be picked up by windows on first boot when windows see a RAID mode.

Need this because new devices (Dell and HP) have HDD mode as RAID and no option to change it to Legacy or AHCI which is a pain in the a... for example this (1W798AV) HP model has nothing in BIOS to change the HDD mode.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction as to where I can find the Intel RST driver package/collection/bundle and how is it to be installed on the main image.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for helping out. All the help is most appreciated.

0 Kudos
0 Replies