VMware Communities
coolperez8
Contributor
Contributor

Quick switch in Workstation 10?

Hi guys and gals! I need help with VMware Workstation. I am on a Windows Host, I am also a 13 year old tech but can't seem to figure this out (you may ask: "13 year old tech? how?" I have aspergers syndrome :3) I have an HP 2000 series laptop that came pre-installed With Windows 8, later upgraded to 8.1 Pro Preview then 8.1 RTM. I have VMware workstation 10.0.0 currently. (I had 10.0.1 in the 8.1 Pro Preview but it had network problems, after upgrading to 8.1 it removed VMware Workstation 10.0.1 and other programs like Firefox and Norton -But I still had my VM's on disk, just had to re-add them- and I installed 10.0.0 so I can use the network. (Additional note: I noticed in Vista (Guest OS) when I used bridged mode instead of saying my network name (belkin54g) it says "Network 5" but still detects my other computers, but not the notebook it's running on.)) Ok, sorry for the TMI I actually like to tell the story that went with my problems to see if I can get a more accurate response, but in that case I don't think you needed it. Ok, now to the point. What I am trying to do is I had a Wii U so I took the HDMI cable from the Wii U and plugged it into my laptop to use dual monitors, and I moved the VM to the TV and I plugged in a spare keyboard and mouse I had lying around -I had to plug in two mice cause appearently Workstation said that the mouse is needed for input, rubbish, the laptop has a track pad- and connect them to the VM. But the annoying toolbar is blocking me, I can't find Quick Switch -maybe it was removed in 10, but I've heard of it in earlier builds- but appearently the option to hide the tip of the toolbar in Quick Switch is still there, I also did some research on my problem. I also tried exclusive mode but apparently can't ungrab the mouse, what I want to do is be able to mess around with the host and guest at the same time without the roach at the top of the screen.

**Additional Bugs Found (10.0.0 (Guest is Vista but I've had XP and 7 do the same)):

Tell me if these bugs were fixed in 10.0.1 (Note: before trying the first one, you might wanna snapshot your VM)

BSOD Bug (Windows Guest)

1.Google Ninite and click the one that says "Install or update multiple apps at once"

2.Click random apps, it doesn't matter what.

3.Click get installer and run or save it

4.If you saved it, run it, if not, skip this step

5.When it finishes suspend it.

6.Restore from suspended state

7.The guest will be forced to crash, you are done, if it doesn't repeat 7 and 8 until it does.

7.Suspend it

8.Restore it

0 Kudos
0 Replies