VMware Communities
konstantinosdms
Contributor
Contributor

Question

Running a predefault configured gns3 image , from a company with preconfigured appliances under workstation pro. The max disk occupied 400gb almost as my disk, the real occupation is 22gb, how can i shrin the MAX disk value , trying to configure new disk and copy the files from old to new one but i have to install many programs, without free hdd,ram. any suggestion?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

To find out possible options, more details are required.

In which format did you get the VM (just the files, as an OVF/OVA, ...)?

Please post an overview of the files which you've got (including the full file names, and their sizes). In case of an OVA package, open it using e.g. 7zip, and post the contents (also with all details).

André

0 Kudos
konstantinosdms
Contributor
Contributor

its an ova file with gns3 precobfigured, buyed appliances. thing is whn a new gns3 vm is generated it allocates 2 hd , one wth the reall allocation and one with the full hd size. i do not why bt if i delete the second i do not know wht will be wth the vm. probably they need it

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Given that a vendor provides an OVA with two virtual disks, I'm pretty sure they are both required.
In this case it may be an option to reach out to the vendor, and ask him for advice.

The way in which an OVA/OVF gets deployed, is defined in the .ovf file. Maybe it contains something that needs (can) to be modified in order to prevent the second disk to be deployed to it's full provisioned size!?

André

0 Kudos