VMware Communities
MystX
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with SCSI drivers WinXP 64 bit.

Hi everyone, my first post here so bare with me..

Basically im having real trouble installing vmscsi-1.2.0.4.flp. I am trying to boot winXP 64 bit in a virtual machine (installed on a raw partition) but i have a sata drive recognised by my host OS (Opensuse 11) as scsi. So when i tried to boot XP, i got a BSOD and my VM restarted. I assume this is because of the lack of buslogic scsi drivers. I tried to get them from the LSI website as explained in one of the guides here, but i was getting server errors. So basically ive downloaded the .flp from the download section, but i cant install them =(

Ive tried pointing the driver update window for my HDD to them in many different ways, includig extracting them from the .flp, and even putting them into an .iso and mounting it. Every time i get a message saying no compatible drivers are there, but if they are, it could be because of them not being configured for 64 bit.

Is there a 64 bit version of this file?

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MystX
Contributor
Contributor

No one? =(

If a 64 bit version is not possible, is there a 32 bit version that is known to work on 64 bit machines? i dont even know if im trying to install this properly.. =\

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

The VMware SCSI drivers (on the flp image file) are for the BusLogic implementation. Your 64-bit guests should be using the LSILogic virtual SCSI controller, so that floppy disk contains no drivers that will help you. Your guest's installation media should already contain drivers for the LSILogic SCSI adapter...

0 Kudos
MystX
Contributor
Contributor

My instillation doesn't seem to have any LSIlogic drivers installed. what device are they listed under in device management?

EDIT: Found this page saying to use drivers for the LSI20320-R (of which there is a x64 version). This is for VMWare ESX though, and doesn't seem to work for my machine (im still not sure if im installing in the right place)

0 Kudos