VMware Communities
Roug
Contributor
Contributor

Problems downloading VMware Workstation 9

I hade VMware workstation 7 and i just upgrade to VMware Workstation 9, at the same time i changed my email adr and activated the new email adr, but now i can log inn but i cant download a product or go on support i get Uanble to process your request. Please try again later.

What is going on?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'd suggest you logon to your new My VMware account and open a licensing support case, in which you explain what happened and ask them to merge/migrate the licenses to the new account.

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... in the meantime you can register for a free 30-day trial of VMware Workstation to be able to download the binaries (Try VMware Workstation)

André

0 Kudos
Roug
Contributor
Contributor

when i go to my vmware and support i get " Your request can't be processed" so i cant get support. I dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you try this link https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-help after logging on to My VMware?

If this doesn't work, please explain how you "changed" the accounts? Do I understand this correctly and you now have two accounts? In this case you could try to login with the old account and assign permissions to all folders for the new account, to see whether this helps.

André

0 Kudos
Roug
Contributor
Contributor

That link dident work, got the same message after i logged inn.

I have a old email its gmail account and i have a new outlook account. i bought the works 7 1 or 2 years ago i think it was with my old gmail account. few days ago i bought the upgrade to works 9 with the same email account. after that was doen i change my email to outlook and activated it and now i have this problem..

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Did you try to login using the old account? Maybe the support links only work with at least one registered product!? In this case you could try to open a support request with the old account.

André

0 Kudos
Roug
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i tried it, dident work. maybe if i change the email back to gmail?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I might be missing something here. Please explain, where did you "change" your email?

André

0 Kudos
Roug
Contributor
Contributor

My vmware - profiles - edit i think it was. the after i change email account i got a activation mail that i activated. i tried now to change back to gmail but i got the same error message. this is starting to get stupid. the vmware update is expensive and it doesnt work and there are no way to send email or chat with customer support. usualy when companies have facebook sites you have the ability to send a privat message, well companies in Norway anyway. i could just send a ticket and they could fix it..

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I can't tell you what went wrong, but I'd suggest you send an email to customer_service@vmware.com with the account details (Customer,-ID, email addresses, ...), explain what happened and tell them what you would like to end up with.

André

0 Kudos
Roug
Contributor
Contributor

I will do that. Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos