VMware Communities
lcarreon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem with bridged networking on Windows 10 with VMware Workstation 11

I'm using VMware Workstation 11.1.4 on Windows 10 Pro and I cannot seem to get bridged networking to work.  If I remember right, it used to work when I was on Windows 7 Pro.  When I go into Virtual Network Editor, there is no "VMnet0".  When I go and restore defaults, "VMnet0" shows up.  However, when I quit Virtual Network Editor and go back in, "VMnet0" is not there again.  I have also noticed that there is no VMware Network Adapter VMnet0.  I have also checked the network adapter and it does have VMware Network Protocol enabled.

What should I do to get bridged networking to work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lcarreon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just figured it out.  I needed to supply the same DNS server addresses used when DHCP is used when configuring with fixed IP address.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lcarreon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It appears that bridged networking works when using the local DHCP server.  When a fixed IP address is used, bridged networking does not work.  Because of this, I just realized that I have a new Netgear Wireless Cable Gateway to replace the broken down Motorola Cable Modem in combination with a Netgear Router.  Is there some setting on the gateway that could be causing this problem?

0 Kudos
lcarreon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just figured it out.  I needed to supply the same DNS server addresses used when DHCP is used when configuring with fixed IP address.

0 Kudos