VMware Communities
mmcsheehy
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with accessing domain resources

I am evaluating Virtual PC and VMWare for a large accounting firm. We have a client that will only allow access to their networked resources from PCs that have their image installed (Vista SP1). We have been swapping hard drives to accomplish this and are looking for a more suitable solution. Virtual PC seemed like a great idea until we realized that it did not support USB devices so we turned to VMWare.

First understand that we had everything running in Virtual PC before trying VMWare. We can log on to their network, access mail, access SharePoint solutions and any other network domain resources under that solution. In VMWare we are not able to access SharePoint resources or network shares within the domain, but we can access mail resources through Outlook client and Outlook Web Access. We are also able to access the internet as well so this is not networking issue. Both Virtual environments were installed with the same image through a network installation.

It appears to possibly be an IPSEC issue, but I am unsure at this point.

Attached is a look at the ipconfig for both virtual images and the host image.

Host: Windows XP SP2

VPC: Vista SP1

VMWare: Vista SP1

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mmcsheehy
Contributor
Contributor

I also ran napstat to make sure that there was no issues with Network Access Protection.

However I run the following command at the run command line (
<server name>) I received the following error:

When I ran diagnostics this is what I get:

0 Kudos