VMware Communities
avin
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Mutliple Displays?

I have three monitors on my host, and I find that recently VMWare Workstation has "developed" a problem changing to a three displays guest.

When I'm trying to change to a three-monitors or even a two-monitors layout (using the toolbar) Workstation sometimes "extends" my desktop, so that instead of appearing on two physical screens it appears on the center extended with scroll-bars, so I can scroll to the "other monitor" but it isn't displayed on the physical monitor.

The problem mostly appears when trying to switch from a one-monitor to a three-monitors layout, so I have to "coach" Workstation, gently going through the two-monitors layout. Sometime this works, sometimes this doesn't.

I've used Workstation for years, and this is a new problem.

Is this happening to others? Any idea how to solve this? Maybe something in my settings?

Thanks in advance

Avi

------------------------------------------

VMWare Workstation 10.0.1 build-1379776

VMWare Tools 9.6.1 build-1378637

Host: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Guest: Windows 8.1

Three Dell monitors on the host. On the sides are monitors identified as 2 (left) and 3 (right), tilted with 1050x1680 resolution. The main, central one identified as 1, has 1920x1200 resolution.

VM Settings:

---------------

Display: Auto Detect

Accelerated 3D Graphics

Use Host Settings for monitors

VMWare Preferences:

---------------------------

Autofit: Autofit Window

Full screen: Autofit guest

0 Kudos
3 Replies
avin
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody?

0 Kudos
sunyj
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Per my experience, you hit this issue more with a windows 8.1 guest than a windows 7 guest, right ?

0 Kudos
avin
Contributor
Contributor

With Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 it's much more often.

0 Kudos