VMware Communities
Stivi20
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Hyper-V and Pipe connection

Hello I have a Problem with VMware Workstation Pro 15.5.2

When i´m Starting a Virtual Machine ill get an Error with the message " VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Workstation." and after that ill get this Error Message "Transport (VMDB) error -14: Pipe connection has been broken".

I´ll also Tryed to deactivate or active Hyper-V , tryed to deactive Hyper-V in the Powershell but nothing works.

I´ll hope you can help me with the Problem because i had these Problem for round 1/4 Year.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A couple of other threads which may help:

VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before ru...

Re: Disable Hyper-V?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Stivi20
Contributor
Contributor

ive tryed that but with no effect

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which “that” did you try?

I counted at least 4 different suggestions in those 2 threads, plus the links contained within them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos