VMware Communities
hltan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem installing and launching vmware

Hi

I had encountered a weird problem. I am not able to execute or install vmware workstation. I had tried to use vmware workstation v5.5, v6.0 and v6.5 but still not able to install.

There is no error. When i clicked on the exe, it will just simple launch the installer GUI and then it disappear.

Previously, i had the vmware workstation v6.0 installed, and for some reason, I was not able to launch the vmware.exe (it does not run, no error, no process in the task manager), i had uninstalled it from my laptop.

Not sure whether is it due to windows patches, cos i had applied some windows patches before that. Thus, i had upgraded the patches to Windows XP SP3 but to no avail.

I searched google and saw there are some people who have encountered the same problem, but there was no solution given.

Any one has any solution? I certainly do not wish to reformat my whole Harddisk to solve this bizard problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCH71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi there

O solved the problem by just stopping / killing the running FixCamera.exe and to prevent them from running again the FixCamera.exe

Now everything works fine again. I will ltry the same again at home on my other Laptop.

Hopefully this may help for you too !

Regards Stefan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveCH71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi hltan.

A few weeks ago I hade the same troubles on my laptop at home

and since yesterday I cannot run VMware Workstation or VMware Server Console (for VMware Server 1.0.1) on my Notebook in the offcie. And also if I deinstall, I cannot reinstall it.

What happened yesterday ? I'm afraid that I don't see a logfile or an error message.

Also i may not start the service "VMware Virtual Mount Manager Extended"

What goes wrong here ? Please HELP !!

0 Kudos
SteveCH71
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi there

O solved the problem by just stopping / killing the running FixCamera.exe and to prevent them from running again the FixCamera.exe

Now everything works fine again. I will ltry the same again at home on my other Laptop.

Hopefully this may help for you too !

Regards Stefan

0 Kudos
hltan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Stefan. thanks for yr reply. It works!!!

I would never thought that it was due to the USB camera that i had installed. How does a USB camera conflicts with a vmware application? And only vmware!!!

This is terribly "amazing".

Thanks.. you save me from reinstalling my OS.

regds

0 Kudos