VMware Communities
Musky1999
Contributor
Contributor

Problem Creating CENT-OS 6.4 Virtual Machine

Tried installing centos 6.4 x64 on my Workstation 9.0.2 Virtual Machine several times. I'm using the minimal version of centos.

During the install I get a number of messages about various package missing. The first package that is complains about is gcc. I just did and ignore all thining that these packages are not part of the minimal version. This install completed and then the OS boots. I get to the end of the boot and it just hangs.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If installing from ISO Image or Optical Media created from ISO Image have you validated the MD5/SHA1 checksum against the published checksum for the ISO Image in question?  If not then do so! Smiley Wink

Also do not use Easy Install and instead select "I will install the operating system later." when initially creating the Virtual Machine.  (BTW This is in the Known Issues section of the CentOS MinimalCD 6.4 Release Notes.)

0 Kudos
Musky1999
Contributor
Contributor

Okay. I was finally able to get this working. Your suggestions of configure, but install later did the trick. I also had to play with the disk options selecting SCSI.

Many thanks for the assist

0 Kudos