VMware Communities
Hemanth_Karuna
Contributor
Contributor

Please provide S/N for VMware workstation v6 beta 39849

Hello,

I have installed binary VMware workstation v6 beta 39849 from the VMware website but the serial number was not there to download. Hence i registered the product online and got the trail editon serial key for 30 days period via emai...did't work got the error msg as serial number is not matching to the liensce

Again i registered got one more S/N via email that got another error message as "This product has expired and your VM cannot be powered on" Be sure that your host machine's date and time are set correctly"...which is set correctly

I have installed latest VM ware workstation version 6.. I have no idea what to do to run this with out a serial number. I do have VM ware workstation 5.5 which has no issues it has only red hat linux version 4 not 5. I'm installing the latest one because it works with Red Hat Linux version 5.

I have attached the error msg as well please have a look

Please help me!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Where did you find that outdated software ?

You can't activate an "exp-*" built with a current licence

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Moving to Workstation community

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

When did you download that build? That is build is ten months old, and yes, it is quite past the expiration date. The current version of VMware Workstation is 6.0.1 (build 55017), which you can download from the VMware website.

0 Kudos
Hemanth_Karuna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thank for the quick reply . to install the current version of VMware Workstation is 6.0.1 (build 55017) from the link below:

http://www.vmware.com/download/ws/lic_601_win.html

It is asking for "You'll need to have a VMware Workstation 6 license key before you can use the Workstation binaries:.

So how do i find the License key now currently i have installed VMware Workstation 5.5 with out any issues and it is running fine with Linux OS red hat version 4

But i need to install Red Hat Enterprise Server Edition 5 which works only on current version of VMware. So please guide me to get the license key or serial number of the software.

Also help me to download the VMware tools for version 5.5 of VMware workstation??

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Hemanth

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

If you have the correct support you can get it from the VMware store.

If not you simply have to buy it.

0 Kudos