VMware Communities
DanielHDo
Contributor
Contributor

Pixel doubled guest in high dpi host / zoom in VMWare 11

Hi!

First post over here! I'm currently testing VMWare 11 and so far I'm happy with it, coming from VirtualBox which has fewer features. I have two questions regarding usage on a high dpi environment.

I'm running my host on a Windows 8.1 system with a retina display (MacBook Pro), which has a resolution of 2880x1800. One of my virtual machines is a Windows XP guest, which I want to run at 1440x900 resolution, but instead of centered on the screen I would like it to be full screen pixel doubled. I found this works well if I set fixed resolution on the guest and then set full screen which is perfect. What doesn't work well is if I set a lower resolution (1024x768) and then want a pixel doubled (200% zoom) window. Is it possible to get this working in the current release.

The other issue pertains to UNITY. If I run an application in the same scenario, with a Windows 7 guest, is there any option to run the app/unity window pixel doubled or 200% zoom?

Any help with this would be appreciated, as apart from these two issues I'm very happy with VMWare!

1 Reply
Hoangcamapas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Same issue.

I have recognized that this issue comes with newVmware Tools (including VM Workstation 11).

These virtual machines were installed by Vmware Workstation 10.4 no issue until I have upgrade newer Vmware Tools as advice.

Thanks

Hoang

0 Kudos