VMware Communities
parsian2
Contributor
Contributor

Physical and virtal network with different class ip

I have a physical machine with a private ip address and there is iption to add exsi and more vms for testing purposes . Is there any way to use workstation with different ip class because there no ip addresses available for test use.

I want to use physical and virtual machines with different ip address .

Internet access needed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

VMware Workstation offers different types of networks for the VMs to choose from.
In your case it's the "NAT" network that you want to assign to your VMs. With this, the VMs run on a private 192.168.x.x subnet, and have Internet access trhough the hosts's physical network.

André

0 Kudos
parsian2
Contributor
Contributor

Configured as per your suggestion. Syatem is showing internet access but neither able to ping nor able to browse.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Are you running your system in a private, or company network?
In case of a company network verify whether the network administration allows such an access, and also whether some sort of proxy settings are required.

André

0 Kudos
parsian2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes in company. But host machine has access to use internet. Can you help me on if you can take team viewer or anydesk?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

>>> System is showing internet access ..

Assuming that's a Windows guest, it seems to be able to reach the Microsoft servers.
To find out what might cause the issue you have please run ping 8.8.8.8 to see whether you can reach an Internet address directly. Then run nslookup communities.vmware.com to see whether name resolution (DNS) works.

André

0 Kudos